CRIMINAL LAW: Our firm has a good understanding of the law and can offer a service specializing in this area, maintaining full trust between client and lawyer, and
upholding the traditional values of the law.
Our experience extends to both conventional criminal law cases:
- Crimes against public health (narcotics trafficking).
- Town planning and environmental crimes.
- Malfeasance and bribery.
- Traffic offences (driving under the influence, driving without a license, etc.).
And those more specific to financial criminal law:
- Misappropriation of funds.
- Corporate crime.
- Crimes against the Public Treasury and Social Security.
- Fraudulent bankruptcy.
- Criminal insolvency.
- Money laundering.
We also have extensive experience in matters relating to Minors where specific laws apply.
COMPLIANCE: The penal code in Article 31 of that code punishes legal entities for infringements committed by their employees incases where proper control has not been exercised within the business to avoid the commission of such violations.
More and more managers understand the need to anticipate and manage not only the financial and operational risks, but also the criminal risks for their companies and
the need to implement regulatory compliance structures establishing policies which are appropriate and sufficient so that a company, including its managers, employees and related agents, complies with the applicable regulatory framework.
This is where the matter of Corporate Compliance applies, i.e. a control system that detects and prevents criminal behavior that could affect the managers and employees of a company.
In our Corporate Compliance department, we provide our clients with a comprehensive prevention system against criminal risks that could affect their company:
- Identifying and analyzing criminal risks according to the field or sector in which the company operates.
- Establishing a crime detection and prevention program within your company.
- Implementing a confidential communication system through which information on the risks of non-compliance is received or reported.
- Offering specific legal training for administrators, Directors, and employees so that they can detect and avoid the commission of unlawful conduct in the exercise of their duties.